About Dr. Sarah Vlach, MD
- Undergraduate: Wesleyan University
- Medical School: Mayo Medical School
- Internship: LDS Hospital
- Residency: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Utah
- Board Certified in Sports Medicine
- Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- American Academy of Pain Management
- International Spinal Intervention Society
- American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Dr. Sarah Vlach moved to Idaho Falls in 2008 to join Dr. Shane Mangrum in private practice and together they founded Eastern Idaho Spine Center. She grew up in the midwest and completed her medical training at Mayo Medical School followed by residency training in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the University of Utah. Following residency completion, she practiced for four years in the Portland, Oregon area before relocating to eastern Idaho.
To better assist her patients, Dr. Vlach completed additional training in medical acupuncture in 2012, nutrition education in 2013, and went on to become Board Certified in sports medicine in 2013. She enjoys treating athletes and combining her personal passion for sports with high-quality care for athletes of all ages.
Dr. Vlach sees patients in Idaho Falls and Rexburg and also sees patients monthly in Driggs.
Craig Kantack, Monika Jarzmik, & K’Lynda Snarr coordinate care on all patients with Dr. Vlach. They are well-trained in all aspects of physical medicine and sports/spine care and allows us to provide quality musculoskeletal care to a greater number of patients in southeastern Idaho.
Dr. Sarah Vlach, Endurance Athlete
Dr. Vlach takes advantage of this area’s amazing recreational activities and is a passionate skier, climber, and biker. She took up ultrarunning in 2010 and hasn’t looked back, completing and competing in numerous trail running events.
*click on any image on the right to view a larger image