About Dr. Judy Gooch, MD
- Undergraduate: Northern Michigan University
- Medical School: University of Michigan
- Residency: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Michigan
- Board Certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine
- Board Certified American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine
Dr. Judy Gooch moved from Michigan to Salt Lake City in 1986, when she began working at the University of Utah. She achieved the position of Full Clinical Professor in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Utah School of Medicine and was Medical Director of Primary Children’s Medical Center Rehabilitation Service, Utah. In 2012 she began the private practice Utah Neuro Rehabilitation, a center for the management of children and adults with neurologic conditions. She has published many articles on rehabilitation topics and has been invited to give national and international lectures on the care of people with neurologic conditions.
Her patients include children and adults, many of whom have been her patients since infancy. For the past 30 years, she has managed hundreds of children and adults with neurologic and musculoskeletal conditions. Her goal is to help people with neurologic conditions improve function using brain plasticity.
Craig Kantack, Monika Jarzmik, & K’Lynda Snarr coordinate care on all patients with Dr. Gooch. They are well-trained in all aspects of physical medicine and sports/spine care and allows us to provide quality musculoskeletal care to a greater number of patients in southeastern Idaho.
Dr. Judy Gooch, Avid Outdoors Enthusiast.
For many years she has competed in alpine ski racing. She also loves to bike and hike in the beautiful western mountains.
*click on any image on the right to view a larger image
Learn more about Dr. Gooch and her evolving treatments to help patients improve after brain injuries and other neurological conditions.